Monday, March 24, 2008

It gets easier









The first few weeks of being a mom were tough--wonderful but tough. Waking up in the night 3 or 4 times to feed him and not really sleeping that well in between made for some tired days. The last two weeks have been quite a bit easier, with Collin giving Sean a bottle once in the night and me only having to get up once with him. Just getting more sleep makes everything easier. Sean is a great sleeper now. He takes a three hour nap in the afternoon with some other shorter naps throughout the day. Last night I put him down for bed at 9:30 and he slept all the way till 4:30. I was ecstatic!!! He is still growing like crazy! At 4 weeks, he was 12 pounds, 2 ounces--and growing out of all his clothes. I've already got a few 3-6 month outfits out for him to wear.




I told my mother in law the other day--everytime I pick him up--I melt just a little bit!! I just adore him and feel so blessed!!

2 comments:

Lynnsey said...

We got Sean's birth announcement the other day....soooo cute! Thanks for sending it our way, its always fun to hear from the Swenson family.

Stan and Lynnsey

Sarah Smith said...

He just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I LOVED the birth announcement! Jack has that same sweater from Baby Gap- the brown one with the blue trim and it is our favorite!