Thursday, April 23, 2009

Itchin' for Spring






I'm officially going crazy waiting for spring.  We have some nice days now but it's all over the board.  For instance:  monday it snowed, tomorrow (friday) it's going to be 80 degrees.  You just never know what you're gonna get in Wisconsin.  

Sean and I have been spending a lot of time at Gymboree lately.  The play and learn part, not the clothing store part.  Sean loves going there.  He's getting to be a really good climber, got up his first "ladder" the other day.  It's fun watching him there because he just runs around and climbs all over everything and picks up any ball in eyesight and either throws it or carries it around for the next 15 minutes.  He is so fearless.  I love that he's not a sissy little kid.  He trips and falls down and it doesn't really even faze him.

We've been able to get outside a few times so far this year.  Sean's favorite thing:  sticks.  He finds the two biggest sticks in our yard (one for each hand) and carried them around whacking things.  He's such a boy!!!  

Like I said last time:  I'm realizing more and more how much he actually understands.  It's so fun to say "bath time" and see him instantly drop whatever he's doing and run full speed for the bathroom.  

Last month, Sean and I spent a week in St. George with my family and then a week in Tucson.  It was great to be in the sun.  It was so fun seeing my sister and her girls.  Sean loves playing with his cousins.  Those three are hilarious together.

We're headed down to Indiana next week to hang out with my uncles' family.  He's organized a 1/2 marathon that I'm going to attempt to run.  I have done almost no real training.  My longest run has been 6 miles.  It should be interesting!




1 comment:

Jenni Scoville said...

Sean is sooo cute, and such a boy! I love the pictures of him outdoors. Kate and Leah love playing with Sean and they definitely remember him. I can't wait to see Sean in June. I loved seeing him on the webcam. He has such a fun personality. Maybe he can work with Kate and Leah on the falling not phasing him.