Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summer is the best!!
















Here in Wisconsin, you wait forever for summer.  Growing up in St. George, it's warm in March, very warm in May and downright hot in June, July, and August.  So I'm just programmed to think that spring comes in march and summer shortly after.  Here in the frozen tundra of packerland....it's not uncommon to have snow in May.  Even in June, before we left for Utah, the high temperatures were high 60's, 70's; maybe an 80 in there.  It takes some getting used to.

So to put it plainly----Sean and I are taking full advantage of summer!!!  We go to the pool every day we can...I end all my runs at the park by our house and let Sean run around at the playground while I stretch...and pretty much spend every possible moment outside.  Life is good!

I've been playing tennis once or twice a week.  I'm playing on a league team this year.  We've won all our matches so far and play regionals in Indianapolis next month.   I'm headed back out to Utah in a couple days for a family reunion with my moms' side.  Can't wait to see everyone!

Collin and his brother Eric did their Half Ironman triathlon last month. They did the 70.3 in Boise.  It was a great race and so much fun.   They did awesome, but I think it's safe to say we're both happy he's not training as much!!  It was quite an adventure for Kate, Ali, Sean, & I watching.  Just imagine the four of us standing in a dirt field in the middle of nowhere, huddled under a rather small umbrella trying desperately to escape the rain.  Any of us would be happy to give you the full account--it was memorable!!

Sean is growing up so much!!  He's not just walking now--he's running.  He can't pick up enough sticks, rocks, or plastic shovels.  He seems to always want something in his hand, so he'll usually latch onto something early in the day--and won't let go of it for hours!!  So we've taken many trips to the grocery store with tennis rackets, spoons, giant plastic golf clubs.  He is very attached to his tennis racket (to his mother's delight) and will try to hold as many tennis balls as he can see.  It's hilarious watching him try to hold a tennis racket and 5 tennis balls in his little hands. He gets so frustrated when he just can't do it!

He just gets cuter and cuter every day!  Collin and I feel so lucky!

2 comments:

Ali and Brian Babcock said...

you seriously have the cutest boy ever. love and miss you all!!!

Jenni Scoville said...

The pictures of Sean are adorable. I need a new picture of him for my board. I also want that picture of all of you! Is it on Shutterfly? Sean is so dang cute! I miss you guys so much! I hope it stays warm a lot longer for you so that Sean can keep going outside. He loves it so much!